Dean Allison was elected as the first MP for the riding of Niagara West-Glanbrook (re-aligned to Niagara West in 2015) on June 28, 2004, and was re-elected with resounding majorities in the 2006, 2008, 2011, 2015 and the 2019 general elections. Dean is once again running as the Conservative candidate for Niagara West in 2021.
A graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University with a degree in Economics, Dean established himself in the Niagara and Hamilton area through working for a major franchise organization and eventually starting and running a number of successful businesses in Southern Ontario.
In addition to his successful business career, Dean served his community as President of the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital Foundation, as President of the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, as a Director of the Ontario Trillium Foundation, and as a board member of Junior Achievement in Niagara.
Dean is also a founding member of the Dave Thomas Adoption Foundation in Canada.
Dean Allison was elected as the first MP on June 28, 2004, and was re-elected in every federal general election since. On October 21, 2019 Dean began his sixth term as the MP for the riding of Niagara West.
During his tenure on parliament hill, Dean has worked tirelessly for all of the residents of Niagara West and has brought hundreds of millions of dollars to the area. In addition, he has assisted thousands of residents, businesses and organizations with a variety of issues related to the federal government. In his capacity as an MP, he served in many capacities in addition to being the Member of Parliament for Niagara West.
- Shadow Minister for International Trade
- Shadow Minister for International; Development
- Critic for Seniors
- Prime Minister’s Roundtable on Red Tape Reduction
- Chair, Scrutiny of Regulations
- Chair, Public Accounts
- Chair, Foreign Affairs & International Development
- Chair, Human Resources, Skills & Social Development
- Chair, Liaison
- Canada-Europe Parliamentary Association
- Canadian Section of ParlAmericas
- Canadian NATO Parliamentary Association
- Organization for Security & Cooperation in Europe Assembly
- Canada-Isreal Parliamentary Association
- Canada-China Legislative Association
- Canadian Commonwealth Parliamentary Association
- Canada-Japan Interparlimentary Group
- Canada-United States Interparlimentary Group
- Canada-United Kingdom Interparlimentary Association
- Canada-Ireland Interparlimentary Group
- Canada-Italy Interparlimentary Group